Christian Ashrams are unique retreats that take place all over the world. They are Christ-centered and non-denominational, giving individuals of all ages an opportunity to discover Christian answers for victorious daily living in the 21st century.
E. Stanley Jones is the founder of the International Christian Ashram Movement and in 1938, Time magazine called E. Stanley Jones, “the world’s greatest missionary.” His vision was to create an environment in which people could get away from their normal routine and seek the Lord. Christian Ashram means a “retreat away from work” centered on Jesus Christ.
The 2012 Minnesota Christian Ashram will be held on August 9th-12th at Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota. The facilities are very comfortable for any number of participants; the food is excellent, and the fellowship is superb!
The Church and Bell Tower stand above the shores of Lake Sagatagan in the center of a 2,400 acre wooded campus
Some of the activities at the 2012 Ashram include:
- Bible Teaching
- Prayer Groups
- Evangelist Teaching
- Free Time Activities
Speakers And Leaders For The 2012 Ashram
The speakers for the 2012 Minnesota Christian Ashram have been confirmed, and we’re excited and blessed to have such a wonderful evangelist and bible teacher! We know that we’ll all receive some great inspired teaching this year! The speakers are:
- Evangelist – Tom Fuller: Tom Fuller is the founder of International Adventure Ministries, a Wesleyan reform movement. He served as pastor for over 30 years before going into church reform full-time in 2006. Tom is the General Evangelist for the United Methodist Church. He has written nine books. He holds a Doctor of Ministry degree in Church Growth from Fuller Theological Seminary, Los Angeles. He was presented the first Denman Evangelism Award presented by the Northwest Texas Conference. Tom has preached, taught or sung across America, as well as in Great Britain and India. Tom and his wife Connie have three daughters: Mary, Becky and Beth. Tom and Connie live in Lubbock, Texas.
- Bible Teacher – Mike Foell: Mike Foell is the Care Pastor of Mission Hills Community Church in RSM, CA. He is a frequent speaker at camps, retreats and seminars and has served on an Ashram Board in the Southern California area. Mike is also a licensed pastoral counselor and has both a Master’s and a Doctoral degree in biblical counseling. Mike is married to Cindee, his bride of 35 years, and loves spending time with his adult children, their spouses and his grandchildren. Mike’s passion is to teach the Word of God in a clear, practical and Christ centered way so that the people of God will be released into fruitful ministry!
- Music Director – Martha Leander: Martha Leander comes from Apple Valley, Minnesota. Martha is presently serving as organist and pianist for Normandale Hylands United Methodist Church. She has attended the Minnesota Christian Ashram for 18 years and shared musically in the celebration each weekend. Martha is excited to share her talent and testimony as we gather to worship this year. Her children who have come to the Ashram each year are Sara, Leah, Kayla, Briah and Kyle.
- Youth Ministry – Dee Vercruysee, Eric & Alissa Canfield,: Dee Vercruysee has a passion for working with young people having spent 28 years in Christian youth work. She worked in the police force for five years and has been a human resource manager for the last several years. Dee loves being a part of the Minnesota Christian Ashram and has been involved with the youth for approximately seventeen years. Eric and Alissa Canfield have been youth leaders at the Ashram for 20 years. They have been married for 21 years and have three children, Lacy, Jackson, and Lily. Eric has been in real estate for 20 years and owns and operates his own company. Alissa works with him as Director of Design. They have a deep commitment to encourage youth to grow in the knowledge of Jesus through the Word of God and prayer to walk in his way.
- Children’s Ministry – Karen Martin, assisted by Kathy Johnson: Karen has been with us for 19 years. Her Children’s Ministry is an exciting feature in the Minnesota Christian Ashram. She has had 30 years of experience working with all ages of children in the area of music, drama and creative projects. Karen and her husband, Ben, have three children, Rachel, Elizabeth and David. She will be assisted by Kathy Johnson who has also worked with the children for many years.
- Director – Judy Madsen: Judy Madsen, Director of the Minnesota Christian Ashram, is a retired elementary teacher from the Minneapolis Public Schools and became director in August, 2005. She and her husband John, their two sons, her parents, her siblings and their families have bee part of the Minnesota Christian Ashram since it began in 1985. Because the Ashram has been such a source of spiritual growth and refreshment for the entire family, Judy is grateful for that rich heritage and wants to share the experience with others.
To register head on over to our registration page or call Delores Lockrem at (651) 457-4147. You can also mail your registration information to our registrar Delores. Please be sure to send in all of the same information asked for on the registration page.
Registration fees and room and board fees can be found on the registration page as well.